NILD is a nationally accredited organization for training educational therapists.
- Programs are located:
- In over 1000 schools and private practices nationally
- In many countries worldwide
- Has been training Educational Therapists and developing programs for over 30 years.
- Trains educators in a model of intervention utilizing a variety of methods designed to:
- Develop learning ability
- Strengthen cognitive functioning
- Use interactive language in a dynamic, unscripted approach
- Intentional and explicitly focused upon learning needs, ideally defined through psycho-educational assessment.
- The educational therapist guides the student through:
- Socratic questioning
- Inductive reasoning
- Systematic feedback
- Self-regulation (self-control)
- Direct transfer to life skills
- The goal of NILD Educational Therapy® is to equip individuals who struggle to learn to succeed as independent
IDA has endorsed NILD as a research based training organization, specifically for
It is one of only two non-university teacher training organizations that currently have IDA approval. IDA's endorsement of NILD's training is a nationally recognized
accomplishment. To read about the rigorous standards that must be met, click here.